30 Weeks and Counting

>> Monday, June 15, 2009




Ok wow. Where do we even start? First of all, this is Jordan. I have not really had the chance to get on here and share what I have been thinking about all of this or have the opportunity to update you on where we are with Max.

Well, Claire is now 30 weeks and 4 days preggers. I have not been able to go to an ultrasound and see my little boy for 2 months. We had an appointment at 4:15 with the ultrasound tech and she was a REALLY nice lady. I guess that Claire had worked with her the last few times and really likes her as well. My mom and little sister, Jenna, were also there.

It always blows my mind to see the pictures of Max and the things that technology can do. She took her measurement of his chest and where the organs were. She started to point out the different areas and what we were looking at when she said, "Oh look! He is practicing breathing!" She pointed out the diaphragm and you could see it moving up and down and our little Maximus was letting us know that he knew what he was doing and that he would be ok. I started to cry (I know...I am a big baby.) and was just feeling so very thankful. She said that his right lung looked REALLY big and that there was plenty of tissue there. She was able to find the left lung and see that there was quite a bit of tissue for that one to grow as well! She said, "This one is really fighting to be here."

All of this was just overwhelming for Claire and I as we sat there feeling the tangible love and blessings of God. What did we do to deserve this? I am just feeling like I have screwed up so many times in my life, yet God is consistently faithful to deliver his promises. I love that my God never changes! That wasn't even the best part of the trip though. The ultrasound tech finished with Claire and I and sent the doctor in. He had done some calculations off of the measurements that the tech took and are you ready for this?? He said "Well, I can't explain it, but he is getting better. It doesn't make sense." Claire then shouted, "Yes it does! It is all Jesus! We have been praying!" The doctor told us that his LHR was 3.9. Remember that the LHR is based out of 4.0. This means that our doctor can't figure out how our broken little man is quickly moving into a very low percent of chances that he will have any major issues.

That is really just amazing and a testimony of God's goodness. Thank you all for your prayers and keep it up! We still need it! Thank you again, and God bless you. I am going to hit the sack now...I need to get up at 4am. I'm out!

Oh...and PS: Look at the size of that kids lips and mouth! He definately gets that from his momma. I am really thankful for this!

5 comments:

Devin Holmes June 15, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Amen! I cried reading it! Don't feel like too much of a baby! It's just amazing how great God is! Remember,



Sunday Came!


-Dev

Crystal Payne June 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

Wow, I know deep down in my heart that Max will be fine and a testimony to Gods goodness. But to actually read this made me cry, and shout (quietly as it is 11:30 pm) for joy. Still can't wait to meet him, and share with you the joy that God will bestow upon your family. Love you guys.

The Roberts Family June 16, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

i think everyone that reads this is going to cry!!! Jordan your so sweet and im happy your little Max is getting better... love you guys!

Unknown June 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM  

Praise the Lord, o my soul and all that is within me; Praise His Holy Name. This verse came to me after reading your update, Jordan. We, too, cried with joy and thankfullness.
Max, we are praying for you,your Dad and Mom and anxiously awaiting your arrival. We love you all, Grampa and Gramma Estes

Maxton's Mommy June 17, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Sounds like great news! Cling to those appointments guys! Many prayers for you guys as you continue this journey.

Ashley
mommy to Maxton
3/3/09-3/21/09

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP