Don't hold it against us...

>> Sunday, October 18, 2009

We've been so busy!!


We got home two weeks ago from this last Friday, and it's been a blur since then. In fact, every day I've said, "I'll blog tonight!"...ok yeah right. I have had a crash course in mommyhood. Whew, what a life! I've always admired mothers, but NOW i GET IT!! :)

Max is still just doing great. When we got home, we met all our new doctors; a pediatrician, a pulmonologist, and a Gastroentinologist. We still have Max on oxygen, and maybe at our pulmonologist appointment on the 22nd, we can be free of it! No rush if he needs it, but I am excited to be free of the 7 foot tether called Max's oxygen tank! :)

Some kinda neat stuff: when we can home, Max was eating about 30 of his 70 mL's of milk by himself...and it was tough! When we went to the GI doc appointment right after coming home, he switched Max to a higher calorie formula. The next morning I started him on it, and he literally gulped the WHOLE bottle down. And then I proceeded to cry for a while! :) (Out of excitement) Since then, Max eats his whole 70mL's by mouth about 80% of the time! HOORAY! I am so happy...I wonder if it's because the formula is a bit thicker, or if it tastes better, or both. Either way, it's a victory for Mr. Max!

We've only taken him out a few times...I run errands with him if I have to, but not really any "group" things like church (just once but I was having an anxiety attack the whole time...maybe a bit later we can try again!). It's funny how ready I felt, but the second we were in a group of people paying attention to Max, my stomach was in total knots. For now, we'll stick to family visits!

I have an ultrasound appointment with Max tomorrow (for him), to check a dimple he has at the top of his behind-crack. The pediatrician said it's overly cautious, but could be a sign of spinabifida. We don't need to take any chances! I'll post how that goes.

Mr. Skinny got weighed at the pediatrician...5th percentile for height and weight! But, he's rapidly gained weight since we switched formulas, and earlier last week he was 8lbs, 15 oz. So, we are making progress! It's hard to remember he's already 2 months old...it feels like I've always had him!

Max is the nicest baby ever...he has such a happy disposition, never really fusses, just smiles and toots. ;)

I'm going back to work Saturday the 24th, part time; I'm excited and not! Pretty normal response I think. I feel a little crazy sometimes just in my house with Max all day, but I don't actually think I want to leave him either.

Here's a couple cute pics!
Max and Dad...chillin' on Sunday morning! (today!)...check out his "wild things" tattoo peeking at Max!

And, here's Max all hyped up for the Gators Game with Dad! He is a Floridian, ya know, so he has to represent!
And...Max discussing the serious things in life with his friend the blue elephant...he loves looking at him!
And...another cute one of Father and Son! I LOOOOVE this picture..do you all see the resemblance now? It's too bad Max doesn''t look more like his dad. ;)


Well, I think that's really it?? Max is great, we are good, Thank You God For You are Good!
Thanks for all the support folks!
Love ya,
Claire

Ps, never got to thank everyone for the "circ-support"...Max is looking great. We've had more highly opinionated but poorly educated (on this topic) people commenting...but oh well I have the delete button right?? :)

8 comments:

Vince and Patty October 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

Glad to hear that Max and mommy and daddy are doing so well! No worries about the percentiles... Charlie was 5th percentile when we came home at the end of April and he is between the 25th and 50th as of last week at our surgery checkup. He'll get there! Especially eating as well as he is! Best wishes for continued happy days!

The Roberts Family October 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

im so glad you guys are doing good! i love the pic. with the tattoo!!! he is just too cute!

Anonymous October 18, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Thanks so much for the update...I've been biting my nails wondering how the little guy was doing, but I figured no news was good news!

I'm glad to hear that he's adjusting to his home so quickly and that you are all doing so well. It seems like it's only good news from here!

Enjoy your time as parents with a newborn. It's exhausting and thrilling and of course, passes in the blink of an eye! Granted, you've had a lot of unusual "blinks", but now you get to see all the wonders Max has to offer in the comfort of his own home.

Hope you can stop by Brinton when Max is strong and ready and of course, when Mommy is ready!

Cindy

Nikki October 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

so excited to read your update and to know that Max is doing so awesome!
God really is Great!

dai October 19, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

So good to hear from you guys again... Happy to hear Max is doing great! Thank you for the pictures...Max is such a cutie pie.

Love,
dai

martha October 19, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

So glad to hear from ya'll....I figured you and Jordan would be quite busy getting a routine down with Max. It sounds like ya'll are doing great!! The pixs are worth a 1000 words!!! :) I'm so glad to hear that Max is doing so well with his bottle!! Don't forget to take some time for yourselves!! Miss you! Go Gators!!

Sands Family October 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

I've been blog-stalking you through my sister's blog-- she has a 6 mos old with CDH. I'm soooo very happy to ready the happy blogs, and that Max is doing well! I have a 16 mos old and a 7 week old-- that alone is stressful- I cannot imagine what you must go through with Max. I hear all the things my sister worries about, and I'm thankful that my biggest issues are reflux and asthma (my 16 mos old..that was scary for a while). I wish you the best, and will be stalking your blog for the update on his ultrasound. Also, good luck with the oxygen - hope he can ditch it!! :) BTW- every time I see the commercial for the movie Where The Wild Things Are-- I think of Mr. Max. :) Keep the good news coming!!

Unknown October 20, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

Wow, sounds like things are going great! Love the picture of Max and Daddy, they do look exactly alike, crazy!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP