Psh, he's fine!

>> Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm so glad, the ultrasound on Max's spine was nice and BORING. woopeee!!!! So far in his life, all my "routine" tests have ended in the bad news nobody wants or thinks they'll get. SO, I'm happy to report nothing. No Spina Bifida or "tethering" (where one leg or the other wont work) to worry about. Just thought I'd get back on the blog to report that quickly.

Max has been feeling kinda sicky the last couple days, and I was so bummed because he was kind of faltering on his eating and acting really out of sorts. But tonight he "chomped" down his whole bottle and was smiling up a storm, so I hope he's feeling better! It's so weird when Max isn't quite himself, because I start worrying about the worst! I suppose any new mom does this, except I have some legitimate reason to freak out, haha! I'm just learning...

Random side note...hehe...I had gained 35 lbs during the pregnancy. The first 15 literally just fell off in the first 2 weeks, and then, nothing! I truly didn't lose even a half of a pound in the last 2 months, so I started to really worry! I know I've been stressed...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! :) All I know is, I joined Weight Watchers, and I LOOOVE it. I already lost 4 lbs, and I'm eating really well. I like having a focused plan. It's kinda a game for my mind, and I'm so motivated now. I can't wait to be at least close to my previous weight. :) Gotta be a hot mom! Just kidding!!! (Mostly.)

Alrighty...
Claire :)

11 comments:

Anonymous October 20, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

So glad to hear the scan on the spine turned out okay. What a relief! Hope he is on the way to feeling better and stays well throughout this cold/flu/rsv season!
Keeping you all in my prayers!

Unknown October 20, 2009 at 6:54 AM  

Girl, you've been a hot mom for about 2 months now!! Now worries :) Weight Watchers is a good program though, have fun! Oh, and I love that Max is still rooting for the Gators, we appreciated your support!

dai October 20, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

YES! What a relief to hear the scan came out negative. Happy to hear that Max is eating well too. Love you Max.

dai

Anonymous October 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Wonderful news about "our" little Max!! BTW, I think all babies go through hours, days, etc of not eating well. Then they perk up and chug it down in one gulp. Who knows? Best wishes and many prayers for Max and his mommy and daddy!

Liz

http://ninnysnotesblog.blogspot.com

Sarah and Barry Mayer October 21, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

It's so great to read your updates on Max! He seems to be doing so well at home (to be expected of course, home is always better)! And I'm glad his recent scan came back negative.

As Jean said, I hope that Max continues to stay well throughout cold/flu season. I think all of us mommies are concerned about that right now, especially CDH moms!

Stay healthy,
Sarah

Jaime's World October 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Thanks for the update, Claire...I've been missing them!
So happy things are going soooo well! It's hard being both a first time mom and a mom of a "sick" child. You do second guess everything (at least I do and we have a 6yr. old, too). You're doing AWESOME! As for the weight...OK, so I'm jealous. I've lost all of my Jaime weight and then some, but I'm still fat...go figure...LOL!
You take care of yourself and that little darling Max of yours!
Hugs,
Sheryl

Anonymous October 22, 2009 at 8:10 PM  

Hooray for Maximus! What a rockin' kid!

Cindy

Anonymous October 23, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Just checking on you guys! Looks like you are doing great...love all the pictures!

Angie

Anonymous October 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

I have to tell you this....my 11 year old (who is mildly Autistic) was sitting next to me while I was scrolling through looking at all the blogs I check. She said, "How is that baby doing that was so sick when he was born?" I happily showed her the pictures of baby Max and how well he was doing and she was very reileved. See? Even little ones love your little one!

Cindy

Anonymous October 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous October 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Oops! Make that "relieved"! Are we a little frightened that I teach young children spelling? Let's hope that "relieved" is not a spelling word anytime soon! : )

(and YES, I deleted the comment the first time I made it because I made ANOTHER spelling error-argh!)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP