Still just chillin'!

>> Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hey all! I'm sorry, again, that we are SO bad about keeping up. We've been home for a month now, and I am JUUUST starting to feel normal. I think I sort of expected to "squeeze" Max into my world, but as all you parents know...yeah right! I realized that I am squeezing MY life into his. :) But I love it. Man mornings don't really get going until around 10-11am, because Max is such a cuddly and sweet kid. I thought I would post a couple happy pics that I just love.
This is Max in the morning...I will prop him up in the corner of the couch, and he just thinks it is SO cool to be sitting up on his own. We have a smiling party every morning. He gives a good strong, "ha", but no real giggles yet. I can't WAIT for that!
Here he is in his little sling chair thingy while I clean up our room. Just an easy kid.
This is kinda funny to me, because Max really isn't sure he likes baths yet. He screamed his way through them in the hospital, and now he doesn't yell, but just sort of stares at me. You can see his G-tube button there, and his scar right above that from his repair and later the Nissen surgery (went through the same spot). He still has a sort of bulging tummy and NO waist at the hips...a side effect of reorganizing all of his organs! It has already smoothed out some, and when he bears down he no longer has huge lumps that look like hernias pushing out! I think that's because his side muscles are buffing up from lots of play time.

Max is twelve weeks old as of this past Monday, and he'll be three months on the 10th! :) He is almost to ten pounds, which is still only in the 5th percentile, but we feel like he's looking "chubby"! I guess it's all relative. Max is also quickly catching up motor skills-wise. I felt like he was pretty stiff, favored his right side mostly, and was a little "out of it" with his surroundings. He is now SO into faces, reaches up to things, is having funny spazzy muscle control issues as he tries to get things, etc. The home environment has of course been good medicine for him, and he seems to be thriving. I'd say he's probably still a few weeks behind normal, but heck, he was immobile for about a month, and then development is a grey area anyways from kid to kid. Either way he is daily better.

Our pulmonologist said he is okay without the oxygen now, but wants him to stay on it through he holiday/winter/sick season just to keep stress off of his body. Of course I want whatever is conservative and best, but I will NOT shed a tear the day I don't have to fight Max over his canulas, move tank regulators around, reorder O2, blah blah blah!! He doesn't know any better luckily, and only yanks at it when he's sleepy- kinda like kids rub their faces when theyre tired.

We are so blessed to have gotten to this place. I still look at him with relief, and it's all still so fresh in our minds. We don't take Max out much except to family's homes; no sense in pushing our luck, right??

So, that's the scoop! :)
Claire

7 comments:

The Roberts Family November 4, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

amen on the " I think I sort of expected to "squeeze" Max into my world, but as all you parents know...yeah right! I realized that I am squeezing MY life into his. :) But I love it. " thats what im feeling right now !! its fun but it is all about the babies :) and cute pictures by the way!!!

Christmas with Kasey November 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Glad that things are going well! Love the pictures of him!!

Becca November 5, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

Hallelujah!!! He's looking great! It's so glorious! Thank you for continuing to update. Hey are you on facebook, you should add me. "Rebecca Hendricks" (utah)

Holly November 6, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

What a sweetie pie, a perfect little miracle baby. =)

angela November 10, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

im so happy to hear you guys are home and Max is doing well

Unknown November 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

he's looking great! and he has the best smile :)

Anonymous November 17, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

It was extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP