A fun day! (...thank GOODNESS!)

>> Friday, July 24, 2009

Hey all! This is a long one, pop your popcorn (pop-momo Misty!), and settle in!

I'm not going to lie, yesterday was borrring!!! I know it's only been four days, but I haven't been secluded with nothing to be busy with (errands, cleaning, whatever) ever! Today was fun though. A lady I met on Tuesday night that attends West Side Baptist, who was a part of the small group that brought dinner for the house called me. Martha asked if I'd like to get out of the house and go to dinner with her daughter, who is a NICU nurse at Shands where Max will be! She and her daughter Annie picked me up and we drove about 20 minutes to Williston, FL to a restaraunt called The Ivy House. It's kind of like The Farmhouse or The Landmark in Mesa/Gilbert AZ. It's in the historical district there; an old home refurbished into a restaraunt and decorated with lots of cool antiques, etc. I had some great southern comfort food (Martha and Annie called it), okra, crispy baked chicken, and homemade mac-and-cheese. YUMMM. Here's a couple pics of the Ivy House...

Thank you Martha and Annie for lunch, great conversation, and your willingness to be a friend! Annie and I were able to talk about NICU life, and what I might expect in the hospital with Max.


The word on the street is, there's a hidden-away resort just across the street from RMH with a pool to die for...that doesn't have a lock!! heehee...so I decided to do some recon! Lo and behold, this jungle oasis DOES EXIST. Just across the main road, hidden away, is the luxurious Rush Resort...


Don't be decieved, it is only disguised as a run-down motel to keep the celebrities hidden from the paparazzi and fans...I think. Not sure why the rooms are only $33/night...

Anyways, Sarah and Ashley (Mom and daughter) and Lauren and her son Aiden (CDH mom like me) came swimming at the pool here with me. Yes, I've made some friends! Really though, it's a nice little motel across the street with a great little pool... without a lock. :) So, that's probably where I'll be every afternoon until Jordan gets here. I WILL come home with a tan...yeah right.

After our swim at the resort, the paparazzi caught wind that I was in Gainesville, and they were waiting at the house for me...probably for one of those embarrassing "they're just like us" shots of celebrities looking disheveled...typical day for me. Here's a pic of one of them-

Sorry it's blurry, I was running to get away...you can see that satisfied smile on his face. Some really brazen ladies, from CNN i think, even brought their cameras!
And, can you believe, that in the midst of all my fans and fame, some first round draft NFL player for the Minnesota Vikings named Percy Harvin brought dinner in for the whole house and signed autographs for the families?! Talk about riding my coattails. Poor guy.
Here he is. He was very nice, and actually this picture is hilarious because I shamelessly asked for a picture with him and you could tell he felt very famous and important. Percy was really a great sport, he and his family brought great BBQ for everyone! You could tell he was happy to help out the Ronald McDonald families! Thanks Percy! Jordan, he told me not to post this one or you might get jealous...but we didn't exchange numbers don't worry!

A great dinner much appreciated! :)

Lastly, just thought I'd post a pic of my new pal, Lauren, and her son Aiden. She also in carrying a baby boy with CDH, and she's being induced on August 6th (I'm on the 10th). So keep her in your prayers too!

Aiden's a realllly sweet little boy! Tomorrow they are moving me into a bigger room here so that Jordan and I have more space for such a long stay, and it's right next door to Lauren. That's going to be nice to have a friend through this who knows what we are going through.

Love you all, and hee hee sorry I'm so sarcastic, I think it comes from the boredom!

~Claire

7 comments:

Maxton's Mommy July 24, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

:-) Sounds like you are getting all settled. I can't wait to hear about your Max making his way into the world. I've been telling my Max to give him some pep talks. I will be praying for you guys and Aiden's fam too! Hope tomorrow is a good day too..
Ash

Unknown July 25, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

Claire, it was so good to meet you! I'm amazed by your sweet spirit and your faith, God knew what He was doing when He chose you to be Max's mommy! I hope you don't mind that I'm going to start stalking your blog now, but it seems to be pretty entertaining. That's so cool that you got to meet Percy Harvin! Hope you are having a good day today, and maybe I'll see you at church tomorrow :)

meme July 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Wow...Percy Harvin...quite the celebrity around here...:) Look forward to seeing you tomorrow....so excited to 'make' someone's blog!! :) take care, martha

Katrina July 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Claire, it's fun to keep up with you across the miles. I love your spirit, you always make me laugh!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and counting the days until you come back home with your awesome little boy.

Katrina

Anonymous July 26, 2009 at 12:58 AM  

Claire, it really was sweet of you to make that nice football player feel so important. Seriously, I'm so glad you seem to be settling into a routine and meeting some great people. We're all thinking about you guys.

Misty

p.s., i feel so cool to have gotten a mention!

Nicky July 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

well you are a celebrity by association to me now since i am a lifelong mn vikings fan! do you mind if i paste my face over yours in that picture with percy? haha!

The Griffin Family July 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

haha Nicky feel free to cut off my head! I know I under-appreciate the Southern Sports Phenomenon happening here. :)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP