Happiness in little things!

>> Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hey there friends and family! I hope that these updates about "nothing" don't bore you, I'm blogging for my own memory's sake as well as for Max's future medical updates. His more purposeful postings will be here in a few weeks! So, don't give up on me if these seem silly! :) It just helps me keep my days somewhat purposeful. Anyways, the little things around here are much appreciated. Here's a couple of them... rain. real, live, rain. raining HARD, and lasting for more than twenty minutes. and reoccurring. unbelievable! The people at the front desk were making fun of me yesterday, because I literaly jogged from the back of the house to the front driveway to sit on a bench and watch the rain. Two shuttle drivers had to pop their head out of their bus to ask if I was coming...looking very confused when I said I was just watching the rain. Sorry Floridians, that is an EVENT. :) So I keep watching the skies to be ready to zip outside in the case of more water miraculously falling from the sky! My next little pleasure is... A bigger room! I had mentioned that the management said they would be moving me into a bigger room, and they did! I didn't request this or anything, they just said that since "CDH moms" are here for so long, it's nice to have more space. Agreed!! It's a really nice little room, theres a twin and a queen bed, and a big window facing a bit more sunshine. That's nice for me, so the clouds don't make me feel so lethargic! A bit larger of a bathroom and a closet are new too, so THANK you RMH! Now, when I switched over to the room, there was a miscommunication, and it hadn't been cleaned yet. I didn't care, but it was apparent, so I started cleaning myself! Stripped the beds down and ran the laundry, and started dusting and sweeping. Cleaning supplies are provided, but honestly I was confused! They are sort up industrial bottles with mystery liquid inside smelling awful. I am either spoiled, stupid, or both, but I just wanted some Comet, Windex, and Lysol Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner! Haha, so in my confusion, I noticed the housekeeper's cleaning cart...STOCKED FULL OF THE GOOD STUFF... Duh...nuh. Duuuuhhh...NUH. DUUUHHNUUH DUUHHH NUHHH!!!! (ok people it's Jaws??) I shamelessly snagged cleaning products from her cart for about an hour when she was away to disinfect the toilet, bathroom floor, sccrruuub the shower, etc! Ya'll understand, right? You never know people's habits, and i want to be barefooted in my own bathroom. :) It was the undercover project for the day, and it resulted in the shiny room you saw above. I even mopped my floors...ahh. I did tell the housekeeper later out of guilt, and she just laughed. The next little happiness is...Westside Baptist Church! I don't have a picture, but they have been so kind to me. Martha and Annie took me to lunch the other day to the Ivy House, and then today Doreen's daughter Sarah picked me up to tag along to church. (Doreen was with Martha's small group that brought dinner) I hadn't met Sarah before, and she was just awesome. Why didn't I go to a church more like at home? It's a place to worship for Pete's Sake, and with people I can sit with, etc. Jordan was teasing (TOTALLY joking) saying, "Do they know you already love Jesus and know God"? Haha shush Mr., there's a thing called kindness for kindness' sake. I went to the college group with Sarah, then the main service, which was really nice! Afterward, I went to lunch with Martha, Annie, Doreen, and Sarah, along with their small group and some others. I can't say enough how much their kindness has lifted my spirits being here. I was telling Jordan that it really caused me to reflect on how little I truly reach out to actively help people who need a hand, or go out of my comfort zone to help someone. Thank you God for good people and a cause for reflection! Anyways, Martha did the SWEETEST thing. I showed up to church today, and look what she made for me/Max/Jordan: A little denim bag, burp cloths, and a little hat! Ahh! She embroidered them beautifully, and I LOVE that it's personalized, how cute!! Also, she did me quite a favor by starting Max off with some Gators Gear; the NICU staff will love that in his hospital crib! (All part of J and my master plan to win the NICU's love.) Just another little thing that made me smile, feel at home, and feel like I have local friends to call on if I need help. Thanks Martha, you made my day. Well, that's about it for today, it's almost six, so I'm gonna go eat some leftovers, watch a movie, and watch grass grow! ;) I really miss my...everything...back home. Jordan should be here this time next week, YAYYY! Until next time! Claire

1 comments:

Rebecca July 31, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

I don't blame you for enjoying the rain. I miss it a ton from moving to AZ from NC. Have the mosquitos been bad? That's the only downside to lots of rain...more bugs!!

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP