Impact!

>> Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ok...so the realization has hit me that we are having a baby. Don't get me wrong, it was in my head that we were having a baby, but this is different. I was sitting at my desk at work thinking about everything that Claire and I have been though the past few months, and it is seriously overwhelming. This has not been the "perfect" pregnancy, but I wouldn't change it for a thing. We have gone though so much that has brought us closer together as a couple and closer to God. It really is amazing what something like this can do. I had never dreamed that it would be as cool as it is. To see Gods hand in everything we are doing is pretty humbling too.


The other big thing that hit me about Max almost being here is the even deeper revelation that I am going to be a DAD. What?!? Am I ready for this? Am I going to be any good? What do I do when he cries? My mom and dad didn't prep me for THIS! They did a great job in all the other areas of my life, but this is something totally new that Claire and I will have to walk though totally together. I am pretty sure that is how we usually do things though...just jump in with both feet and figure out a way to float. Well, actually, I take that back. I do more of the jumping in without looking. Claire will jump in too, but usually she will have a list of how hot or cold the water is, the depth of the jump, the height of the jump, if she has the necessary tools to make the jump successful and an emergency life vest as a back up plan in case something in the jump goes wrong.


That is the greatest thing about Claire though in all of this. She is such a planner that I really KNOW that everything is going to be taken care of. If he cries, she has a plan. If he is hurt, she has a plan. We are as ready as we can be physically for this baby. It is the emotional and mental aspects of it all that I am still trying to grasp. The fact that our lives are FOREVER going to be different is scary and really cool at the same time. We are going to have a SON. I am going to be a FATHER. This scares me and makes me REALLY excited. Max will be here in 39 days. Yikes...I need to go put my board shorts on...time to jump in.


1 comments:

mummy to angel SKYLA July 2, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I will be praying for you and Claire as little Max begins his CDH journey. Stay strong. Max will come out fighting.

Kristy, mum to CDH Angel SKYLA, 13/10/07-13/06/08 Australia
http://skylacdhbaby.blogspot.com

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP