Hungy Hungry Hipp-- er, MAX!!

>> Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hola Amigos...

Tonight was Jordan's turn to post, but a moment ago he mysteriously disappeared from our room. All his X-Box things are gone too...I better do it myself.

We didn't think that Max would get to start his eating up again until tomorrow morning, but this afternoon when I came back after lunch, Max had milk! Hooray! I should've taken a picture...sorry I have failed you. They are doing continuous feeding right now through the G-tube, 3mL/hour. This is to take it nice and slow, "prime" his stomach again in a way. The practitioner said that once Max shows he can tolerate any little bit, they pretty quickly ramp up the amounts of milk every day. So now we are on a roll...
Max seemed SO much more alert and happy today, whether it was because of the food or that he's just a few days out of his operation. Either way, it makes it easier for me to sleep!

In his other areas, Max is still doing just great! We (the nurse and I) weighed him tonight, and he is still right about 7 1/2 lbs. He should start gaining now that he will be eating consistently! He had only been eating for a week before he got cut off again last week.

A really funny thing happened tonight that I really hope Jordan expands on next time he posts-I don't do it justice. Tonight when I had Max in my lap playing, I noticed that one oh his "breasts" was very swollen and rock hard. Probably the size of half of a golf ball. His chest has always looked a little weird because of the very deep pectus (a congenital deformity in which the sternum is depressed/ pigeon chest), but this was totally different. We were waiting a moment to ask the nurse because she had her hands full with a fussy baby (not OUR Max!), so Jordan starts googling "breast tissue, baby boys, etc". I told him that boys can get female hormones from breastmilk and form little boobies for a period of time. Especially since Max didn't get breastmilk for a month, it's a little delayed. Ya'll shoulda seen Jordan when the practitioner confirmed that it was breast tissue that would go away....but she squeezed him and MILK came out....HAHAHAH!!! Okay I'm immature, but Jordan was SOOO freaked about this. It was hysterical. Anyways, he can tell his version another time. And, FYI, Max's little engorged boobie will be just fine after a warm compress and a few weeks...hehe.

Okay! That's the events of the day. Now, I owe my friend Ryann some pictures of Max. She is spoiled and expects new pictures ALL the time. So, I decided to walk you through a day in the life of Max Evan, super baby...in Max's words of course.

First, I have a morning visit with Dad. Today was game day, so we went over the current stats, and who would be starting in the big rivalry game between Florida and Tennessee...Go Gators! Dad always helps me stretch my buff arms and legs, to make sure I am developing okay in this crazy time. What a cool Dad, I hope I'm just like him. Then, just before he goes, he always holds my hands and prays with me that I will heal up fast and be nice to the nurses.
It's hard work being as awesome as me, so I try not to stay awake for too long at once, usually 30 minutes to an hour at a time. Otherwise, I find that I draw a crowd with my cuteness and amiable disposition.
Next, Mom comes back in the afternoon to snuggle some more. She is a little photo obsessed, so here he are snuggling like buddies should.
I slept through that picture too, but hey! I wasn't asleep ALL day...
Dad got me my first cell phone...it was easy to convince him that I totally needed it to call for rides, etc. All the cool babies have phones! So, here is Dad and I, just chillin, updating my Facebook status and texting my family back in AZ! Don't worry, the screen is supposed to be as big as my head. It's the cool new thing to have.
Then, yep, you guessed it, more sleeping. Although, I've gotten really tricky. When I'm sleeping in Mom or Dad's lap/arms, I am so happy! It's better than the crib. So, just when they think I'm sleeping, I peek one little eye out to double check that they've not relocated me. If not, we are good...if they move me, they'll hear from me! :) They snapped a photo of me sneakin' and peekin' this afternoon.
Lastly, something that drives Mommy crazy. Dad likes to "play" with me, and he reassures Mom that I LOVE it. Mommy thinks it's kinda like being the first kid to fall asleep at a Jr. High sleepover...but who's arguing right?? So, here I am, totally unaware, zonked out, grinning like an idio--crazy kid. SO cute, but my tough reputation is being challenged.
So that's it Maximus Nation...a day in my life. Very busy, very high profile, very happy.

* Sorry, Max is long-winded like mom. Jordan messes with lil Max's face ALL the time, ahh! But I just keep remembering that a Dad and his son is a relationship I may NEVER "get". :)

Thanks for the prayers, please send up another one tonight for continued quick recovery! :)


Good Night Vietnam!


11 comments:

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

Love the "Day in the Life..." pictures---Max sure has some awesome parents. You guys rock big time! Max of course is the ultimate CDH butt kicker and will soon be showing off those gorgeous looks in AZ in no time! Keep up the great work all of you! He is amazing!

Jean-BoH and fellow CDH mom but of an awesome angel watching over many!

Ryann Samsel September 19, 2009 at 9:08 PM  

Thank you. Max had me laughing OUT LOUD alone in my apartment! He is a great story teller with an incredible life. When he gets to go outside, you might have to keep him hidden so the paparazzi can't get any pictures of the stud muffin!!

Melissa N. September 19, 2009 at 9:55 PM  

Maxie Man - thank you for sharing your daily events. Sounds like you are on cruise control and will be back in Arizona soon... keep on eating buddy. Be patient with Mom and Dad, even if they keep buggin' you with all the pictures and fussing they love you so much.
Come home soon - summer is almost over...

Katrina September 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Max you are hilarious, just like your parents! I have no doubt you'll be showing off the gummy grins in no time!

Good luck with the feedings, keeping my fingers crossed (FX) that he will continue to tolerate and grow! You better be home before October 10 or we might be driving up to see you from Orlando. ;)

Jaime's World September 19, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

After all of the craziness going on with Jaime...I NEEDED a good laugh...from this point on, would it be OK if I called your little one "Milkin' Max?" (I'm kidding, of course, but that is a pretty funny story...one you MUST share on his wedding day! ;-)
Take care of yourselves,
Sheryl

Anonymous September 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

Hola,

Thanks for the update and new photos. Max is cuter and cuter everyday! I honestly think he definitely got the best features from both of you guys. He will be one drop dead gorgeous boy!

Love,
dai

Jake September 20, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

We miss you three, come home soon!

J

Unknown September 20, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

You are hilarious. I would have loved to have been there to experience Jordan's reaction to his son having functional breasts. I remember the first time I found a little boy baby with the same issue, it freaked me out and it wasn't even my baby! I was also assured it was "normal"! Glad he's doing well and getting to eat again!!

Rebecca September 21, 2009 at 5:23 AM  

I love the new pics.

martha September 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

He is so cute!! Thanks for the update and pixs!! Praying that the milk will stay put and they will be able to increase it....ya'll look great, too!!

Anonymous September 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

I have been keeping up with Max since my niece (Daireth Klein) told me about him and his blog. I am encouraged by his progress...he is such a little fighter! God is good, He has blessed you beyond measure!

Thank you for telling the story of your family!
Liz
http://ninnysnotesblog.blogspot.com/

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP