No news is good news!

>> Friday, September 18, 2009

Hey all!

Just thought I'd jump on really quickly and give you an update...
Max is doing just great! He has mostly just slept, slept, slept this last two days, recovering from his surgery. I was wondering today...what must it have felt like to have the CDH repair! I mean, all the organs in your body relocated? And then, a patch of fabric stitched into your chest wall to close up the hole, whew! Not drumming up old drama, it just kinda blows my mind. I cannot believe what Max has made it through so far. The repair, then tapping in to his heart with ECMO, trying for a week every three hours to eat, only to vomit, and then the fundo, g-tube, and circ. Seriously, what adult could handle that!? Babies are TOUGH as NAILS. :)

I'm anxious for the next 24 hrs to fly by, so that Max can start feeding again, he seems agitated...and I think he's hungry! That'll be three days just on the IV, but this time he knows what he's missing! Once he starts feedings, we should be here maybe 10 more days (ish). Getting to full feedings (60mL) is the final frontier, hoorahhh!

So, Stinky pants super-Max is doing well, thanks for caring!

On a FUUUNNNY note, I'm trying to lose 20 pounds, which would put me back at pre-baby. Why did weight loss come to a screeching halt after 3.5 weeks?? I don't even eat badly!! Everyone warned me this would happen, I just thought people weren't trying hard enough. I was lucky to get a two week trial gym membership from Teresa the house manager...but haha guess where? Curves. NOTHING wrong with Curves, but the branch here in Gainesville is...um, a more "mature" crowd. No exaggeration, everyone there but me definitely gets special rates at the movies, and restaurants...and gets the front spots in any parking lot. Gettin my drift? Curves is sort of a circut training workout, so it's all in a friendly circle so we can all watch each other suffer, yay! Also, for the CHATTY exercisers (my personal fave...), we can even make uncomfortable eye contact the entire time we are workin' it! Haha, it's a experience I've not had before, but "mature" folks love me, so heck let's burn some calories, Granny! OOHH! I almost forgot the BEST, BEST, part...you probably wont believe me. If this doesn't solidify it...there's a knitting club, complete with a corner with a table and chairs just for KNITTING after a work out. Seriously, while I do squats, there's someone whipping up hats and scarves 10ft. behind me... Okay I'll give you a moment to soak up the awesomeness... Okay!

Good night all, I am praying for YOU!
Claire

5 comments:

Melissa n September 18, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Claire,
Wow - miss a few days and ?
After my sage advice that ALL babies puke up... i won't be saying anything other than. Thank you Lord for giving this little baby so much strength.
What a SUPER boy!

Melissa

lrgarza September 18, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Claire,
Be patient with all of this. I understand it's alot to deal with. But you are putting pressure on the situation when you put a time frame behind it. This is not the situation in which you can do this. I know, I've been exactly where you are now. I learned to just give it time! These babies have alot to deal with. It's alot for them to process. I just don't want you and your husband to be dissapointed if he cannot go home when you think he will. The best thing you can give him it TIME. Best wishes, and God Bless!

Nikki September 19, 2009 at 7:07 AM  

Max is so strong he reminds me alot of my son kayden. You guys are great parents for a cdh baby, as long as you stay possitive he will do great! oh...and on a different subject i think you are hilarious, your story about the "old people" made me laugh very hard. thanks for making my morning! have fun working out, maybe you can get in on the knitting...lol
Nikki-mom to kayden born with cdh 10/27/2008- doing great

Anonymous September 19, 2009 at 7:08 AM  

I just wanted to let you guys know I am praying for you guys! You guys are awesome parents!!!!! And Claire, keep up the work out, hey maybe you could join the knitting group! LOL J/K Keep up the good work guys!

martha September 19, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

How funny...the workout that is!! You WERE thinking of knitting, weren't you??? :) maybe this is your 'support' group....????

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP