Throw Up Your Rock Fist...

>> Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rock fist: Noun - Hand gesture signifying supreme awesomness. Ex. "Max is doing SO well! (Throws up rock fist)"


Alright...this post isn't going to be a really big one. Things have been pretty steady with Max since he got extubated. Probably the biggest thing that has happened is that he is already off of his C-Pap! They only left it on him for about 24 hours and now he just has his nasal canula (just giving him a little O2).

I am seriously blown away at the feelings that I have developed for this little guy. Being a dad is seriously the greatest feeling in the world. Every time I get to hold my son, my heart seriously feels like it is about to explode. How God was able to give up His Son for us, just blows my mind. It really has given me perspective on how much He loves us.

So, here is the plan...Max needs to start eating soon, and they are going to start his feeds from a bottle. They will start him at just 1 ML every 3 hours and work up until they reach 60 ML every 3 hours. Once we reach that point...we are en route back to the desert!! I really cannot believe that I am about to say this, but I really am missing the 110+ degree heat.

Well...honestly, there isn't that much to update you all on...so here are some (a LOT of) cute pictures of Max:

15 comments:

Jocelyn September 8, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Love it, love it, love it!! He's SO dang cute! Can't believe how far he's come, what a huge battle for a little boy! God is good!

The Arizona Ray's September 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Oh my gosh! He is so stinkin cute!!! Ok yesterday I said he looked like Claire but Claire, you were right, he is totally Jordan! The one pic where you can see both of their faces, love it!! I can't wait for you guys to get back here!! Happy eating thoughts now!!!

Unknown September 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

What happened under his right ear?

Sue mom to Emily LCDH 1-22-08 September 8, 2009 at 8:57 PM  

Max is so cute. His progress is amazing. Glad he's kicking CDH butt!

Aunt Beth September 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

How precious-- love to see the two of you looking so rested too. YAY Max!!!! Praying for him to keep milk down.

Anonymous September 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

God is soooo good!!! That is such great news to hear that he is stable and ready to get eating. I will keep praying for your little dude and for you guys to get home soon! Thanks for sharing the cute pics. Love 'em!!

Maureen

M. North September 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

Touch down!

Oh, my gosh we go away for a few days and come back to Max & Mommy and Max & Daddy pictures.

I can tell you how thrilled we are that Super Max is doing so well.

Enjoy that cuddle! He's a treasure and keeper.
Melissa N.

Katrina September 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

I love it! My goodness, he is so precious. Words can not express the happiness I feel for you to FINALLY be able to hold your baby, for him to hear your heartbeats and feel your warmth. FX (fingers crossed) you'll be home soon.

Sarah (Thomas) Lewallen September 8, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

He is such an amazingly cute little grease ball (I say that endearingly since he hasn't been bathed in a long while).

The Vierig's September 9, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Oh man, the love i see in your eyes when you hold that little one is so amazing :). He is so lucky to have you both. What a freakin cutie! Keep it up little guy :)

Jaime's World September 9, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Woohoo, way to go Max! So, I'm curious, how big is he now? He looks so tiny...he's one heck of a little fighter though!:-)
Glad you got to hold him...I remember my first time holding Jaime, it's a feeling like none other! (And he was my second child...don't tell Jared...HA!)
Take care enjoy holding your little one and good luck with the feeds! :-)
Sheryl

The Hobbs Family September 9, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

So happy for all of you! That is such great news and such an inspiration for those of us who will be following you down that road in the near future! Thanks for sharing! Continuing to pray for Max!

The Griffin Family September 9, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Max weighs in at 7lb 1oz as of yesterday...and the little owies behind his right ears are where they stitches the ecmo tubes to his neck and head so they wouldnt move and hurt his heart! :)

martha September 9, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

Oh, my....the family pix is priceless....and the pix of Max on Claire's chest....and the ones with Jordan...ok...all of them!!! YEAH!!!

Suzanne September 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Praise Jesus: Max's Protector and Healer (using a lot of technology along the way).
Tears of joy are flowing!
He is ADORABLE and obviously in love with the two of you!!!
Keep it down Max... we don't accept any returns on milk :)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP