Beach Trips and Rush Week

>> Friday, August 7, 2009

Ok. We have a couple things that I want to talk about. First of all, it is Friday. Which means that we have one last weekend as a single couple before Mr. Max makes his grand entrance on Monday. Claire and I have been trying to fit as much fun stuff into our week as possible and that included a 2 hour drive to St. Augustine Beach. It was only 70 miles away from where we are staying in Gainesville, but it was a FUN drive.

Claire had never been to the Atlantic before and was really surprised at how warm the water was! We played in the waves and hung out in the sun for about 2.5 hours. Being the true man that I am, I declined sunscreen. I hear that stuff raises estrogen levels and makes you whiny. Also, like a true man, I am now about as crispy as a bucket of the Colonels finest. That is ok though. Sunburns prove you are a real man. I had to do SOMETHING after that pedicure I got this week to prove I am still a dude. (Shawn, my sunburn is for you, buddy.)

St. Augustine Beach

Second thing I wanted to mention...This weekend is move in weekend for the University of Florida, and I have been having some thoughts. I was home schooled for high school and then I have basically been taking college online at the University of Phoenix for the majority of my collegiate career. As I watch all of these young people moving into their dorms, I am filled with some empty type of emotion in the pit of my soul. Something is missing.

I told Claire about my feeling and she said that she totally understood and would support whatever I wanted to do to fix it. So...I have decided to join a frat. I am not sure how this is going to work, but I think I just have to get a red plastic cup, pop the collar on my shirt, and walk inside.

This leaves me with the problem of CHOOSING what frat I want to be a part of. There are so many options here...Am I more of an Alpha Phi Gamma? or an Delta Beta Omega? All I know is Claire and I are prepping for Rush Week and am sure that things are going to be great.

Luckily, we are a block from the hospital so if my liver decides that college life is not for me, we can get that corrected asap.

Go GATORS!!


4 comments:

Anonymous August 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

So... I have had that same empty feeling before too about the college thing... What if we start our own frat/sorority (frarority or sororat, something of the sort) Just a thought...

Oh and I am so beyond excited to meet Max!!

*Shawna*

Shawn August 7, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

Dude, I am so proud of you. The sunburn will make you more of a man. Make sure you DO NOT let Claire put "lotion" or "aloe vera whatever" on your sunburn. The man thing to do is to suck it up and enjoy the pain! I was genuinely worried about you and so glad to hear you found the man in you again. If you ever get the urge for a pedicure again, call me first and I can talk you through it.

Honestly, we are thrilled to see you both having such a great time before the delivery! That is awesome. Oh, and if you are going to join a frat, join my frat, Delta Chi.

Take care guys,
Shawn

Aunt Beth August 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Hi Jordan--
I'm pretty sure you can get on the RUSH committee so that you can help vote yourself in. Maybe you should create an online fraternity? Your mom and I always got a kick out of the fact that you were valedictorian of your class....

I am SO excited for the impending birth of Max! For all who support Obama-Care-- do you realize our precious Max would not even be here under those guidelines????

Anonymous August 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

So, now I'm curious. Does tattooed skin burn or does the ink act as a sunblock? I also want to know what the "put" of your soul is. I am unfamiliar with this expression. Does it have something to do with fleece?
I, too, am glad you're having some fun before the Maxman's arrival! You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
Julie

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP