Ireland Rose

>> Monday, August 31, 2009

Before Max was born, Claire and I had found ourselves wrapped into the blogging community surrounded by stories of CDH survivors and babies that didn't make it. Parents from all over the world seem to find our blog and share their story with us. We read these stories and were overjoyed at the successes and found ourselves crying at the failures. What completely blows my mind is that all of these people that we were reading about and feeling connected to, were complete strangers to us. We quickly found ourselves following story after story about CDH babies.

One of these babies that we started following was a little baby named Ireland Rose. She was born about a week after Max and things didn't look good at first, but then started to be a little more positive as she was about to come off of ECMO. Well, there were some complications and things got out of control for the doctors. Irelands parents were forced to make the decision that I don't think I could make...They choose to save their daughter from suffering and let her pass away.

When we read stories of babies passing away before I had Max, it was sad and we definitely cried, but something is different now. My heart is genuinely BROKEN for this family. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now and just would like if you all would pray for their family if you get a moment. The link to their blog can be found on the right side of our page. Thank you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous August 31, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Your choice of words is excellent. English is my secondary language, please excuse my bad grammar. Your post today describes exactly how I come about with all CDH related stories. Just like you, I get extremely happy when the outcome is good and extremely sad when the outcome is the opposite. Like today, my eyes are swollen and my heart is aching due to the result of baby Ireland. The strange thing that struck me is that I had two healthy babies and never heard of CDH until recently. And, just like you, I get so emotional, feel so connected, and care so much for these babies and families.

Dai

Misty August 31, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

I, too, have been keeping up with her story because of you guys. What a tragic turn of events. None of any of this makes any sense. Feeling broken hearted for them as well.

The Vierig's August 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

just came across your blog...little Maximus is in our thoughts and prayers for sure. Sounds like he's quite the little fighter. Thanks for sharing!
Kristen - mother to Bodee (LCDH 11/23/08)

Anonymous August 31, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Since following your blog I too have been following sweet Ireland and praying for her too. I can hardly breath for them and her.

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP