Blog Catchup- Part the Last! (A tale of toes gone wrong and war lines drawn...)

>> Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This is it, after this we are UP to speed! Nothing deep or thoughtful here, just some fun.

Lauren, my pal across the hall (the other CDH mama), and I decided that we needed a pedicure before the delivery of our boys! So, off to the mall we went. Jordan came too, of course, because he always gets pedicures with me! I think the little ladies at the shop get a kick out of big tough looking Jordan sitting down for a pedicure! ;)

I just wanted blue toes with white polka dots, nothing too crazy since I didn't know how complicated of designs they're used to doing. (In AZ, we've got some serious toenail art going on!) The lady looked at me like I was nuts, and then a flurry of conversation in Korean started...about me...and my dots...until my "girl" and another traded places for the dot request. It seems that the dots were a bit of an inconvenience...

SO! This new gal did my dots, and I felt that it would go okay since they'd gone to such great lengths to decide who would draw the short straw, bearing the burden of placing them. Yet, when finished, I feel that I've ended up with a serious mess of dots on my feet. And in nice little rows...hmmm. Okay, ladies, does anybody understand the disappointment of a pedi design gone wrong?? Well, I'm feeling it...so here's a picture and you be the judge!

Please disregard the Fred Flinstone-ness of my feet! Focus on the dots, people. Come on, is this NOT a total un-cute gang of toes? (THE DESIGN I MEAN.) Maybe I'm obsessing...but it's the little things here in FL that make the difference!

Just thought I'd share...I'll let your thoughts on this topic be what they may. :)

LASTLY, You all know my amazing husband Jordan has arrived here in Florida to stay with me through Max's birth/surgery/recovery. He got here safe and sound Sunday morning about 1am, after two crazy days of travel. His first order of business the next day....

SHOW THAT CREEPY CLOWN WHO'S BOSS. Jordan went out front, and gave that clown a good talking to about his place in the house. Cheer up kids, provide some branding quality upon the house, and stay AWAY from CLAIRE. :) Ah, the relief of having my champion at my side once again. Thank you Jordan Bryce, I need you, I love you!!!

HEEHEE so, here we are, up to date! I'm so happy Jordan is here with me, after two weeks of waiting. I've been so taken care of by new friends, and until this point things have been very pleasantly slow-paced. Now, we have five days until Max is born. I don't have to go into detail about how that feels, basically every feeling there is...that's me. :O) This blog is about to get pretty busy, pretty shortly...

We will be blogging, Jordan's probably up next!, so keep your eyes open. Love ya!

10 comments:

Unknown August 4, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

I would have been disappointed by the toenail art as well. I don't think it's big down here in the south. I've never been asked if I want a flower or anything. The one time I did ask for something, the girl looked at me like I was crazy!
I love reading your reactions to the south (the rain, the plants, the gators) because it's exactly what I've been going through for the last 2 years! I mean seriously how do you stand there at just take pictures of a gator like it's nothing?! The golf course where James plays is home to several gators and no one thinks of doing anything. My friend Sandy's daddy even catches them and keeps them for pets sometimes! Craziness!
James and I are praying for y'all (yea I'm developing an accent. It's getting pretty serious!)

Chanda August 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Think your toes look cute...sort of patriotic looking really. Anywho, I'm glad your hubby is finally with you. You guys are totally going to be parents here before you know it!!!...Take care! Chanda

meme August 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

I'm so glad Jordan is there to 'protect' you from that clown!!
take care, martha

Unknown August 5, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

You are hilarious! I think I will have to go to Arizona sometime for a pedicure.. sounds like they are a lot more creative out there!! Word to the wise though- mall pedicures are pretty basic (monocolor), I usually go to those type places and have no complaints, but you may have more luck at a salon if you want a little higher quality :)

Shawn August 5, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Ok, couple things here Jordan... First, we need to talk about the pedicure. Guys don't get pedicures. Second, be nice to Ronald McDonald. I hear he can get easily agitated and I would hate to hear that you got whooped by Ronald McDonald. Being a guy, I wouldn't let you live that down.

Claire, your toes and feet looked wonderful! Thanks for not showing us Jordan's!

Stef and I are so excited for you guys and think about you all daily. We can't wait to see your little CDH warrior overcome this battle!

Shawn

Aunt Beth August 5, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

What a classic Griz look at Ronald== Love you! ;-]

The Griffin Family August 5, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Haha, I knew all the girls would understand the toe issue...that's what everyone's been responding to on here and Facebook haha!

M. North August 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

Claire - thrilled that your "man" has arrived safely. Sounds like you are getting ready to nest. Treasure these moments. Are you shaking up Florida with your blue toes or what? Be happy you can still see your toes - lol....
Thoughts are with you, Jordan, and baby Max...

Melissa and Mike N.

Nora August 6, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

I'm soooo excited guys! I found the perfect PJ's for Max. I can't wait to see him!

Nora August 6, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

I found the perfect outfit for Max! I'm so excited and he's not even my own kid! Be careful guys! And bring Max home soon :)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP